Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Faithfully Yours Topical Tuesday

There's a new challenge starting today at Faithfully Yours.  It's called Topical Tuesday.  Every other Tuesday a new word will be posted on the Faithfully Yours Blog.  Your challenge is to create a page (or whatever medium you decide) based on the word posted for that week.
  • What does this word mean to you?
  • How does this word help you?
  • How does this word help you encourage others?
  • Or mainly what is your favorite scripture based on this word.
Some ideas of what you can create include:
  • 4×6 index cards
  • ATC cards
  • 6x6 albums
  • paper bag albums
  • create your own mini album
Choose a method that works well for you.  You can join anytime and complete at your own pace.  There's no need to sign up, just follow the Faithfully Yours Blog or my blog to get the biweekly word.  Then you can  share your work on the Faithfully Yours Blog using the linky tool on the blog post. There you will also find meditations on the word by Barbara Graves, the challenge hostess,

I decided to do 4x6 index cards for the challenge.  I choose this size because I can slip the cards in a brag book and carry it with me as needed :).  On the front of the cards I am including scriptures based on the word and on the back I will add my personal thoughts.

Today's word is "Thoughts".

I choose 3 scriptures for my card...Philippians 4:8, Romans 8:5-6 and Isaiah 55:8.

 
 
The papers are from the Faithfully Yours Summer Soiree Collection.  4x6 cards are a great way to use leftover papers from other projects.  The letters were cut using the Die-Versions Mermaid font.
 
 
I hope you join in the challenge.  I'd love to see how the words inspire you.
 
Blessings!





1 comment:

  1. Oh, Gemiel! This sounds like a challenge that I would really enjoy! It's like the Scripture Challenge we did before the Hymn & Scripture Challenge. I must look into it!
    Your card is wonderful, and a 4X6 is such a great idea! Thank you very much for sharing!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete