Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Word Art Wednesday #72

It's time for this week's word art!!  Today's word is from the book of Galatians...


We have two versions of our word art this week...black & white and colorized.  I choose to use the colorized version as it went perfectly with my photo.  If you'd like the black and white version, you can find it on the Word Art Wednesday Blog.

To crucify or to die to self...to die to our selfish motives, the I, I, I, and me, me, me mentality...is to love Christ more than self.  Truly humble people are Christ centered.  Christ lives in them and reveals himself  through their thoughts, words and deeds.  When we are totally sold out to Christ, we don't have to do work for Him, He does His work through us.

I'm revisiting the Grand Canyon for my layout today. This time I used a photo of my brother,  a strong man of God who has been crucified with Christ,  standing on some rocks near the rim of the Canyon.  He decided to climb down the canyon a bit for this photo and as you can see, there are no guard rails or safety bars.  Certainly not something I would do but I guess he trusted God to order his steps and the results were this fabulous photo.




Supplies:
Me and My Big Ideas Patterned Paper and Stickers
Basic Grey Buttons
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die


I hope you join the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. Feel free to save today's word art to your computer for your personal use. Check out the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members created with this week's word art. If you are new to our challenge, check out the challenge guidelines to find out how you can be eligible for the prize drawing from this week's sponsors Crafty Secrets.

Thanks for stopping by. Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Nice photo of your brother and view of the Canyon. Lovely tribute layout to your brother too using this weeks scripture Word Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lo. That picture is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.what a gorgeous picture. Fabulous layout hun.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photo and layout Gemiel, and what a complement to your brother and the work the Lord had done in him.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this week's scripture choice! I agree that it fits your photograph and layout perfectly. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete