Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Word Art Wednesday #16

Hi!!  It's Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent and time for some new word art!  Today's art is from Psalm 46:10....




Be still.....in this day and age, sometimes that's so hard to do.  We seem to always be so busy, rushing here and there, always doing something.  This past weekend I was feeling under the weather.  But instead of pushing through like I always try to do, I decided to be still.  A totally foreign concept to me, but I did it.  I wrapped up in my favorite afghan, sat in my comfy chair, put my feet up, and did NOTHING.  At first I felt a little guilty, after all there were so many things that needed to be done, but I tried to ignore that feeling.  And I just sat... and thought... and reflected on the goodness of God and all that he's done for me and how he's continued to bless me over and over again, not because of what I've done, but because of who I am.  I am his daughter, a child of the most high God.  And you know what?  At the end of the day, the stuff was still undone,  physically I still wasn't 100%, but I felt really good.

Be still and know that I am God.

For today's layout I used a photo I took of the sunrise at our women's retreat last year. 


Supplies:
Lifestyle Crafts Patterned Paper & Cardstock
Maya Road Ribbon
Making Memories Baubles
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Spellbinders Scallop Rectangles Die
Gems
Memento Ink

I hope you join the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. Check out the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members created with this week's art. Be sure to check out the challenge guidelines to find out how you can be eligible for the weekly prize drawing from this week's sponsor Lisa's Altered Art .

7 comments:

  1. Gemiel this is just beautiful my friend! I love the way you just brought the photo and the verse into the forefront of the page! The background paper is just beautiful also! Love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous picture, Gemiel. It really reflects the words: be still.
    Good of you to cuddle up in your fave afghan and to do nothing. You know, we mostly feel guilty by doing nothing. But God also rested on the 7th day, when he created the world.
    So it's nothing bad to rest. Tomorrow is a new day, and the chores will wait for you anyway ;)

    Have a blessed day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh - nice sunrise... goodness if we sometimes don't choose to pause JUST THEN how will we even find a moment in our day. Why leave it to chance. A beautiful sunrise is a reminder from God to know HE is with us first thing. I try to either read the word or listen to an audio podcast of a daily reading as I watch the world wake up. Then I feel like I had at least some time "alone with Him in the garden" There is not other good way to begin the day. If we START in the garden, most likely we then walk more closely throughout our day! \

    Lovely layout Gemiel!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtaking image Gemiel. Reminds me of when we go to the mountains. I love it there. So peaceful and I feel so close to the Lord. The beauty He has created is stunning. We all need to take more time to get our minds off of us and enjoy His beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why, but your blog refused me access to it last night!

    Your layout is beautiful, Gemiel! I love how the sky just overflows onto your blue paper -- and of course I like the bits of bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo to go along with this verse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great layout love the paper and such a great picture. I also wanted to let you know that you won an award on my blog. Blessing AJ!

    ReplyDelete