Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Word Art Wednesday #13

It's Word Art Wednesday!!!!  Today's word art comes from the book of Nehemiah...




So just what is this joy???  The Holman Bible dictionary defines joy as the happy state that results from knowing and serving God.  Joy is the fruit of a right relation with God. It is not something people can create by their own efforts.  God Himself knows joy, and He wants His people to know joy. Joy in the Lord enables people to enjoy all that God has given.

This past summer,  I was the craft director at my church's vacation bible school.  Talk about joy!! Being in a room full of children worshiping and praising God, having a fun time in the Lord, you couldn't help but be filled with joy!!!


Supplies:
Recollections Patterned Paper
EK Success Sticker
Divine Twine
Cardstock, Brads, Button, Ink

Is your life filled with joy??  If not, think about all the Lord has done and is doing for you.  Then let the joy of the Lord flow through you.


I hope you join the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. Check out the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members created with this week's art. Be sure to check out the challenge guidelines to find out how you can be eligible for the weekly prize drawing from this week's sponsor Heart and Soul Rubber Stamp Company

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Gemiel!
    Yes you are right about the joy of the Lord, I have been a Sunday school teacher for many years and it has been sheer joy to teach children of all ages.
    Though life can have its difficulties, JOY always remains for the redeemed.
    Hugs&Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, that represents the scripture perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gemiel this is a great layout and I know that joy, it is above just being happy or satisfied it a little euphoric when you know how great God is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this page Gemiel and the papers are so pretty. Seeing the children praise Him makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic LO as usual! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout! I love VBS. The children bless me so much. They soak up God like sponges. I know you are a great worker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your positive attitude--and what a wonderful scripture to commemorate an enjoyable summer! :) This is just amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout. Love how it shows the joy.

    THanks for your word at the end of your blogpost. That when we don't feel joy, then just think about what God had done and is going to do.
    I'm trying to depend only on Him. It's hard, but I'm learning :D

    What also helps me to find joy... is to look at how beautiful God made nature. Just in the gorgeous flowers. And also the snow. Since 2 day's it's finally snowing here in the Netherlands. And yesterday, when I looked at my balcony, it was covered in a beautiful layer of snow and the sun was shining on it and I saw the sparkles of the snowflakes. Wow! That brings joy, and it's free :D I think the most things that brings joy, are free. We can't buy it.

    Have a blessed day!


    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Gemiel. I love the faith paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gemiel I just saw this layout and it is so beautiful! You do know your scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page, Gemiel! I sent you an email last night. If you did not receive it, please email me and let me know. I used the addy on your profile page. My email is tracistarkweather@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete