Tuesday, February 7, 2012

ODBD February Scrapbook Challenge

Hi Everyone!!!  It's time for the February Our Daily Bread Designs Scrapbook Challenge.  We've had a little change to our challenge posting rotation.  I'll now be posting the challenge and my sample layout  here on the 1st Tuesday of the month.

For February we're having a recipe challenge.  Your challenge is to choose 3 ingredients from the recipe and use them on any size scrapbook page along with ODBD stamps. You may use more ingredients but you must use at least 3 from this recipe. Have fun mixing it up!

Recipe List:
Bling
Buttons
Flowers
Chipboard
Ribbon/Twine/String
Sewing (hand or machine)

For my layout I used the ODBD The Mighty Sea stamp set.  My ingredients from the recipe are bling, buttons, ribbon, twine and hand sewing.  The photos are of my son during a summer vacation to Myrtle Beach in July 2006.



I stamped the Mighty Sea image on cardstock using Memento ink, colored it with Pebbles Shimmer chalks and matted it with green patterned paper.  I stamped the scripture and sentiment stamps on shipping tags and colored them with distress and chalk inks.  I think the stamped images make great accents for any scrapbook page.  If you're never incorporated stamping on your scrapbook pages  you should give it a try. 

Supplies:
K & Co. Patterned paper
Bazzill cardstock
ODBD The Mighty Sea Stamps
Basic Grey Gems
K & Co. Paper Ribbon
Buttons, Tags, Twine, Thread
Pebbles Chalks
Memento, Tim Holtz Distress, Colorbox Chalk and VersaFine Inks


To see all the challenge guidelines and how you can win a $15 gift certificate to the Our Daily Bread Designs store click here.  Also be sure to check out Patter Cross' inspiration for this challenge in her blog post  here.  The challenge runs through  Wednesday February 29th, 6:00 PM EST.

I hope you decide to join in this challenge. I can't wait to see what you create.


7 comments:

  1. Gemiel, I just love your coloring here and how it matches the papers so beautifully on your great page. Wonderful use of the challenge too! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemiel, What a beautiful page you created, you have some of the best photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gemiel~

    This is a wonderful scrapbook page. It is beautiful, and your coloring is amazing! I love how well your coloring matches the background page. By the way, do you pronounce your name with a hard "G" or a soft "G"? I would love to know so that when I read your name, I know how to pronounce it. Thanks so much!

    He IS Able!
    Traci Starkweather

    You May Win 1-5 Cards Weekly!
    http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci. My name is pronounced with a soft "G". It's pronounced Gem-meal

      Delete
  4. THis a beautiful page! I am inspired to give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gemiel,

    What a beautiful page you have created! Love your coloring of the image and how perfectly every element on the page matches!
    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gemiel, this is gorgeous! I love the way you've combined
    things, and the subject is splendid! God bless you and
    yours today---Jennifer in Ohio

    ReplyDelete