Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Word Art Wednesday #79

Hi !! It's Wednesday, time for this week's word art.  Our word today is from Proverbs....


 The virtuous woman of Proverbs 31... when we compare ourselves to the resume of God's ideal woman, we may find very quickly that we don't measure up.  The good news is that virtue must first begin in the heart.  We need to fill our hearts and minds with God's real standard to become a virtuous woman.   Developing the qualities of the virtuous woman is a process that takes place over time, it's a lifelong journey.  But our God is a patient and loving God that doesn't expect perfection, all he asks is that we have teachable spirits and receptive hearts prepared to receive His word.

For my layout,  I used a picture of my Mom, the most virtuous woman I know, when she was in her twenties.  She went to be with the Lord on May 2, 12 years ago ago.   I learned so much from her and I wouldn't be the woman I am today without her love and guidance.   So in honor of her memory and Mother's Day this Sunday , I am dedicating today's post to her.



Supplies:
Webster's Pages Patterned Paper
Webster's Pages Lace Trim
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Queen & Co. Gems
Doily
Quickutz Die

I hope you join the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. Feel free to save today's word art to your computer for your personal use. Check out the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members created with this week's word art. If you are new to our challenge, check out the challenge guidelines to find out how you can be eligible for the prize drawing from this week's sponsors Fred She Said and My Creative Classroom .

Thanks for stopping by.  Blessings to you!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photograph of your mother, Gemiel, and an awesome tribute to her.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemiel, what a beautiful photo of your mom. I love her smile. The layout is gorgeous. It has a vintage chic look. Which is my favorite.

    I hope you're doing well. Have a great day!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman, Gemiel. Your card is such an inspiration to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to your mom. I know she would be so proud of you. She was a beautiful woman and I know you must miss her dearly. My own mom is also in Heaven -- and greatly missed. Beautiful way to showcase this wonderful scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, Gemiel! Gorgeous page!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post and tribute to your lovely mother, Gemiel. I need prayer, as I am raising/guiding three young teen ladies to be virtuous and glorifying to God. To God be the glory~I hope they will look back and testify as you have toward your sweet mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a magnificent tribute to your beautiful mother, Gemiel. She truly must have been a virtuous woman, since I know you are one as well. Have a blessed Mother's Day with your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete