Friday, June 1, 2012

June Gems of Inspiration Scrapbook Challenge

Happy Friday!!!  It's June 1st, the first Friday in June, and time for a new Gems of Inspiration scrapbook challenge on the Our Daily Bread Designs Forum. 

 First I’d like to thank all of you that participated in the May challenge.  Without further ado, the winner of the surprise package is………Loretta O’Neill.    Loretta,  please send me your contact info and I’ll get your package mailed out to you.

June is a busy month for lots of us… end of school programs, graduations, parties and receptions, the start of summer activities, birthdays, Father’s Day ...the list goes on and on.   A lot of these activities find a place in our scrapbooks, with the focus on our kids.  But what about the men in our lives?  They deserve to be scrapbooked tooJ.  So in honor of Father’s Day, your challenge for June is to create a scrapbook page featuring a man or men in your life. 

For my layout, I used a photo of the three men in my life, my Dad, my husband and my son.  This photo was taken underground in a Philadelphia Subway station during a recent visit home.   I used the ODBD Dad stamp set which contains Grandpa, Dad and Son stamps, along with 2 verses of scripture, perfect for the men in my life.




Supplies:
ODBD Dad Stamp Set
Fancy Pants Designs Patterned Paper
K & Co. Tag
Creative Imaginations Epoxy sticker
Colorbok Metal Stars
EK Success Border Punch
QK Diesel Font Die


I challenge you to play along this month.  I’d love to see your layouts.  If you are using ODBD stamps, please upload your pages to the Scrapbook Pages Category in the ODBD gallery.  If you aren't yet registered in the gallery, sign up only takes a couple of minutes.  If you do not use ODBD stamps, then you can post to your blog or another publicly viewable online gallery and share the link here.
 
Please use the keywords ODBDGI07 (with no spaces) when uploading your layouts to public galleries and be sure and come back here and paste a link to let us know so we can see your beautiful work!

Looking for more scrapbook challenges??? Check out the monthly
Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge on the ODBD blog!

3 comments:

  1. That's a really wonderful page, Gemiel! I really love the Scripture verses you used! I also like all the great stars in threes all around the page! Very nice! Cool photo too!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the verses and the stars are really cool! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gemiel: I'm joining through This Art That Heals blog. I mainly do mixed media and altered art. I am a Christian and know that I'll be inspired by your work and other activities. I may even be able to participate in a challenge in the future. Those are some handsome men in your layout. Have a special, blessed weekend.
    Sandi
    http://www.hollandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete