Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Scrapbooking Goals

I don't make New Year's resolutions,  but I did set some scrapbooking goals for this year.  I didn't get to scrapbook as much as I'd wanted to in 2010 due to other things that were going on in my life at the time, so my first goal is to scrapbook more this year.  I'd like to keep up to date on my 2011 photos and then tackle some of the many unscrapped photos from years past as I have the time.  My second goal is to use my scrapbooking stash.  We all know that part of the fun of scrapbooking is buying new supplies, but as we get new things, some of the older items in our stash go unloved.  So, I am going to make an effort to use at least one older item on each of my pages.  In keeping with my goals, here's my first layout for 2011.  It's the title page for my 2011 album.


Supplies used from my stash:  Patterned paper by American Crafts, Me and My Big Ideas Rhinestone Words
Other supplies:  Glitter Cardstock, Gems
Tools used:  Quickutz,  EK Success Border Punch, Imaginisce I-Rock

As I write this, my son is in his room practicing his trombone for the district band auditions this Saturday.  Being choosen for district band is a big honor as only the best band students in the area get selected. If he had his way,  he wouldn't be auditioning, but it's one of those Mommy Do things.  I think he sounds really good, but the competition is stiff.  I'll let you know how it goes....

Be blessed

2 comments:

  1. I really like the colors & swirls on your layout. It's perfect for New Year's. I hope TJ does well at the audition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your New Year's LO! Like Stephanie, I too think the flourishes add real pizazz. I pray your son passed his audition.

    ReplyDelete