Friday, March 2, 2012

March Gems of Inspiration


Happy Friday!!! It's the first Friday in March and time for a new Gems of Inspiration scrapbook challenge at the Our Daily Bread Designs Forum.  When I was growing up, people used to say…March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.  I don’t know about that these days.  Yesterday was the first day of March and here in Virginia the high was 80 degrees!!!  The daffodils are already in bloom and spring is in the air!  So much for the lion, the lamb is already here!
This month's challenge is all about spring, with a little twist.  Your challenge is to create a layout using an element that reminds you of spring, but the layout cannot be about spring.  For example, you could use flowers on a winter layout, or use a spring color palette on a birthday layout.  The combinations are endless.

For my layout, I used the ODBD Sing to the Lord set as my spring element.  Birds singing always remind me of spring.  The layout is about my church’s youth choir, of which my son is a member.

Supplies:
Creative Imaginations Patterned Paper
Bazzill Cardstock
ODBD Sing to the Lord Stamp Set
Recollections Music Brads
Making Memories Alphabet Stickers
Me and My Big Ideas Alphabet Stickers
Spellbinders Labels 1 and 8
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
VersaFine Ink
Stickles
Stampin Up and Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Gamsol
I hope you get a chance to play along this month.  I’d love to see what you create.
If you are using Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, you are encouraged to upload your page to the Scrapbook Pages Category in the ODBD Gallery using keyword ODBDGI04.  If you aren't yet registered there, sign up only takes a couple of minutes. If you do not use ODBD stamps, you can post to your blog or another publicly viewable online gallery.  Be sure and to come back here and share the link so we can see your beautiful work!

Looking for more scrapbook challenges??? Check out the monthly Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge on the ODBD Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful page, Gemiel! Birds always make me happy! They make me think of spring too because so many of them are gone until they reappear in spring...when the snow is gone!
    Speaking of snow, we definitely have the lion of March here! It's been snowing since the month began! I'll send him over to you...I don't mind sharing!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemiel! This is a great layout, and I love it. Hope you're having a great week.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete