Thursday, March 29, 2012

Faux Silk

One of the things I love about being on the Our Daily Bread Designs Design Team is that I get to learn new techniques from the stampers on the team.   DT member Angie Crockett did a fabulous tutorial on a faux silk technique that I just had to try on a scrapbook page.  You can view her tutorial here.  Using the technique, you can make beautiful background papers from tissue paper (ordinary gift wrap tissue paper) and cardstock.  Since I'm not sure if tissue paper is acid free, I did spray it with Archival Mist before I started.  Here's how my page turned out...




Supplies:
Butterfly Patterned Tissue Paper
Cardstock
Our Daily Bread Designs Sweet Friendship, Fleur de Lis Borders & Butterfly Stamps
ODBD Butterfly Die
Want 2 Scrap Gems
Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Lace Rectangle Die
Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles Large Die
Stickles
Tim Holtz Distress & Colorbox Chalk Inks

Check out the tutorial, give it a try, and enter your creation in the ODBD Faux Silk Challenge
I'd love to see what you create.


3 comments:

  1. Gemiel, this is beautiful! Your background is AMAZING. What a precious photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemiel this is simply amazing, the colors and the technique are phenomenal, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely, Gemiel! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete