Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lollipop Flowers

I've been admiring the beautiful handmade flowers that my sisters at Our Daily Bread Designs have been using on their cards and I've finally learned how to make them.  They are really easy and fun to make.  All you need is a little bit of satin fabric, a needle and thread, an embellishment for the center, a pair of scissors and a lighter.  I used buttons for my centers. Prima flowers like these are $5 for a pack of 2 or 3.  I made all 3 of these for about 50 cents.  If you search for lollipop flowers on YouTube you can find lots of tutorials on how to make them.   I embellished my layout below with 3 of the flowers.  The photo is of my husband and me in 2007.


Supplies:
Club Scrap Patterned Paper and Cardstock
ODBD Large Scrapbook Words, Scripture Collection 6, and Serve the Lord stamps
ODBD Crocheted Circle die
Recollections Gem Swirl
Satin Fabric, Buttons,  Gems

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be blessed.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely LO and beautiful picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemiel, Beautiful LO & BEAUTIFUL couple. Love the LO, LOVE the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Gemiel. . .the flowers, the photo, the layout, the color scheme! SO elegant and those flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemiel such a Beautiful layout and the flowers are pretty. Love the colors you used. As the other ladies said a very Beautiful picture of you and Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gemiel, this layout is beautiful! I love the way you put it together! And the background paper says it all! And, your flowers are beautiful also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous layout and your lollipop flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete