Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ODBD July Scrapbook Challenge

You still have plenty of time to enter the July Our Daily Bread Designs Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge.  This month's challenge is a fun one involving circles and colors.  Your challenge for this month is to create a layout of any size using at least one circle, Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, and your favorite color or a color in your photo(s). Your circle(s) can be included by using embellishments, the way you cut a photo, etc. Have fun!

Before I get to my challenge inspiration,  I have some great news! Remember a couple weeks ago I shared that I was the Guest Scrapbook Team Member at Our Daily Bread Designs for July and August. Well, I was asked to join the ODBD Scrapbook Team!!!  So now I'll get to share my ODBD creations with you for the rest of the year.  Praise God for His continued blessings!

For this challenge I created a 12x12 layout using a photo of my son and my 2 nieces. I used the colors of their clothing for my layout colors.  I cut my main patterned paper into a large circle for the background of my layout, and I stamped a scripture from ODBD Scripture Collection 6 on a smaller circle which I tucked under a patterned paper strip. I also used the new ODBD Large Scrapbook Words to embellish my page.



Supplies:
Sei On the Coast Patterned Paper and Chipboard Shapes
ODBD Scripture Collection 6 and Large Scrapbook Words
Karen Foster Designs Sticker
Quickutz Nesting Circles CC-SHAPE-14-024
Quickutz Santa's Workshop (tag die)
Basic Grey Buttons
MAMBI and Queen & Co. Gems
Tim Holtz Staples

To see all the challenge guidelines and how you can win a $25 gift certificate to the Our Daily Bread Designs store click here.  The challenge runs through Sunday July 31st, 6 PM EST.

I hope you decide to play along.  I can't wait to see what you create.

2 comments:

  1. Gemiel, just love all of the colors here, and what an ADORABLE photo! I also love how you used the 3 brads. Just another great way to add circles. :) And you didn't share your great news. :) I am excited to have you on board. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gemiel, what an honor for you. Great scrapbook page, love the layout, placement of the words and colors. Have you shared this good news at CPC? ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete